Wildewitch RP Gaming Community

"Angel" - Ridian's Character

She remembered being cold as the rain poured down her broken body.  She tasted blood in her mouth as she tried to yell for help.  She couldn't move as blows kept landing on her.  'I'm going to die here.'

Amelia grimaced at the rain as she walked down the street in the Dock Ward.  Normally she wouldn't go out hunting on a night like this but she was starving.  She would have gone out last night but she was having too much fun at the tavern, performing in front of people who enjoyed her act.  But even on a night like this, she knew there would be dock workers working, drunken sailors wandering, or the homeless tucked in an alley.  She wouldn't normally dine on people like that but at desperate times.    

As she passed by a particularly derelict alley, she heard the sounds of men grunting, cheering.  She walked towards it and looked down into the narrow tunnel, her red eyes enabling her to see into the darkness as if it was in dim light.  She saw three men, kicking a body on the ground.  They were laughing and jeering.  Facing three men didn't worry her.  Maybe if she fed a little from each of them, she wouldn't have to kill.  Dealing with dead bodies wasn't pleasant.  Leaving a bunch of dead bodies wasn't smart either.  As she quietly approached them, she saw what they were kicking on the ground.  A young girl with black hair.  She looked so small.  She could see the bits of blood before the rain washed away.  Something tugged at her heart.  

With quick movement, she jumped in behind the men.  Dispatching each of them quickly, except the last.  She sank her teeth into the men's neck and drank deeply.  Once she was sated, she threw the body aside like it weighed nothing.  She wiped her mouth as she looked down at the young girl's body.  'Poor thing.' she thought.  As she turned to the bodies of men, sighing.  She could stage the bodies to look as if they killed each other.  Another drunken brawl. 

As she leaned down to grab one of the men, she heard a small choking sound.  She turned to the girl and found herself staring into a pair of brown eyes.  The girl slowly blinked, made a noise.  Amelia knew that the girl wasn't going to make it. 

Normally she would have walked away, or fed from her.  But something about those eyes made her reach down and lift her up.  With swift movement, she flew up toward the rooftops with the girl's body, out of any onlookers that may pass by.  She cradled the girl in her cold arms, and held up her head to face her.  The girl was barely conscious, slipping away.  Amelia whispered to her.  "It'll be alright."  She pushed the damp hair from the girl's face and neck.  She leaned down and carefully pierced the girl's neck with her fangs.  Her blood tasted sweet, sweeter than anyone she's fed from in a long time.  She drank until the girl's heartbeat slowed to almost nothing.  She licked the wound closed, then bit into her own wrist.  As the precious blood started to pour out, she brought it to the girl's mouth and whispered "Drink."  The girl was too weak.  Amelia willed her blood to flow more.  She felt the warm blood fill the girl's mouth.  "Drink."  The girl obeyed.  Weakly at first, but as the death giving blood filled her up, her strength slowly returned and she drank more.  

Once Amelia gauged it to be enough, she took away her wrist and licked it closed.  The girl's lips were covered in blood as she swallowed the last of the blood.  A moment later, her body writhed as if she was having a seizure.  Amelia held her down as her body twisted and writhed as it slowly died, and changed.  Amelia remembered this part vividly.  She too had gone through this change.  But with her it was with her consent.  Her maker told her what to expect, but even then the pain had shocked her.  

Angel felt her body die.  She could no longer take in a breath, her vision grew dark and knew she was going to die.  Then she saw a pair of red eyes staring at her through the pouring rain.  She felt her body being lifted and set down, felt the cold hands on her skin.  She barely felt the bite on her neck as sharp teeth pierced her delicate skin.  Then something wet and warm filled her mouth and she heard a voice that commanded her to drink. She took the first gulp and tasted iron.  "Drink" said the voice so she swallowed again.  Somehow she felt stronger.  The warm liquid didn't taste as bad.  Then it stopped.  A moment later, she felt pain that she'd never felt before.  Not even as those thugs stabbed her and beat her.  She writhed in pain as she felt her bones moving back into place.  Her puncture wounds from the knife closing, bruised organs healing.  She gasped and took in air, but her lungs didn't need it. 

What felt like hours soon passed. It was still raining but it wasn’t as cold as before. Angel slowly opened her eyes and took her first glance at the world as a dhampir. Everything looked clearer, sharper, more saturated. She took in a breath and realized that she didn’t need to breathe. But she was able to smell and what she noticed was that things were more pungent. She closed her eyes and breathed in a few more times. She smelled the sea water and brine, a familiar scent. The Dock Ward. Then she heard something among the sound of the rain on the rooftops. People talking, but from a far. She slowly sat up and glanced around and saw a woman sitting about ten feet away from her. She was beautiful, wet from the rain, and quietly stared at her. 

Angel backed up a bit, apprehensive at this stranger staring at her.  She realized that they were on the roof. How the hell did she get up here? Last thing she remembered was that oaf Dagon and his two friends cornering her in an alley. And the feeling of cold fear seeping into her skin when she realized that they had blood in their eyes. 

The woman broke the silence between them  “My name is Amelia. What’s yours?”.  Her voice was soothing and calm.

Personality Trait:  Scared to lose control again, hates vampires, hates being manipulated and controlled, 

Strengths:  Loyal, physically strong, fast, quick

Flaws:  Quick to anger, sarcastic, reckless, sassy, reckless, hates authority and rules, impatient,

Get to Know Questions - Angel  

1. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?   Past.  I would never have gone into that alley.

2. What is the first thing you notice about a person?  Their body language.

3. What’s the best way to spend a rainy day?  Watching the rain fall by the window.

4. What are your biggest fears?  Biting one of my friends.  

5. What makes you angry?   Bullies & betrayals.   

6. What smells make you happy?  Fragrant stew, fresh blood, 

7. What is love to you?  Loyalty  

8. Are you an organized person? Is your bedroom tidy?  Not at all but I know where most stuff is.  I think.  

9. What makes you feel alive?  Feeding off of an enemy.

10. What sounds do you hate?  People I love crying.  Babies crying.

11. Do you have any bad habits?  Biting fingernails.

12. What are some of your proudest moments?  Some good "jobs" with the old coterie - stealing from assholes and getting away with it.

13. What type of music are you into?  Alternative Rock, Punk, Heavy Metal 

14. What are your hobbies, and how did you get into them?  I don't have hobbies.

15. What’s your go-to guilty pleasure?  Drinking and partying

16. What activity instantly calms you?  Watching Violette.

17. What's your favorite season and why?  Summer, people wear less clothing.

18. What's your most prized possession and why?  A cross pendant given to me by a friend,

19. What’s an essential part of your daily routine?  Getting dressed. 

20. Who or what never fails to make you laugh?  Friends' laughter  

21. Do you collect anything?  Necklaces of my feeding victims.

22. What was it like growing up as the youngest/oldest/middle/only child?  Don't know, an orphan.  I hated the orphanage.  Ran away as soon as I could.

23. What’s your favorite family memory?  My coterie gathering around after heists.

24. What’s your favorite family tradition?  

25. What do you think makes someone a “good person”?  Someone who's loyal.

26. How do you show kindness to others?  By not feeding on them.  

27. What do you look for in a friendship?  Loyalty

28. What makes you feel at peace?  What is peace?

29. What makes you feel most accomplished?  

30. Which of your personality traits are you most proud of?  Loyalty to those I love. 

31. Would you rather someone be honest and hurt your feelings or lie to protect them?  Honest.

32. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done, and why did you do it?  Leaving the coterie.  They tried to kill me. 

33. Do you believe in second chances?  Yes.

34. What is your biggest irrational fear?  Hurting those I love.  

35. What does self-care look like for you?  Listening to loud music and getting lost in it. 

36. Do you live by any words of wisdom?   

37. If you could relive one moment in your life, which would it be?  When I bit her...

38. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?  Look in the mirror.

39. What’s the last thing you do at night?  Drink

40. At a party, where can someone find you?  On the dance floor.

41. What's your go-to midnight snack?  Blood

42. What's the weirdest thing you do when you're alone?  Dance

43. Do you have any recurring dreams?  Yes, of when I got turned.

44. What's something you want to learn how to do?  Not to lose my temper.

45.  What is your immediate goal?  To survive and go home.       

46.  What is your long term goal?  To find a place/people where I belong.

47.  Who do you want to see and why?  Violette.   

48. What/who do you fight for?  Myself and Violette  

49. If you could tell your friends one thing, what would it be?  I love them and I don't mean to piss them off. 

50. What motivates you?  Protecting people.   

Edited by FallenAngelRidian